Saturday, June 07, 2008

today's treasure


Today, I decided to use the loom waste from the most recent commission, rather than throw it away. I wove it into a rather coarsely woven tea towel. It's not for most people, but it's right up my alley. It's a 8/2 line linen warp and primary weft, with a tow linen pattern weft at each end. Since my husband always grabs tea towels and uses them as dishrags, it really doesn't make sense to weave my tea towels of 35/2 linen, does it?

Just thought you might like it.
Talk later, I've got to get back to the alpaca/silk warp.
Cherri

2 comments:

bspinner said...

I thought my husband was the only one tht used my tea towels as a dishrag. Must be a guy thing.
Your towels is right up my alley. I love linen and colors.

ladyoftheloom said...

My husband changed the oil in his car whilst laying down under the car on the only quilt I had that my grandmother made. He only partially learned his lesson 25 years ago on that one. I still have to be very careful.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites