Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Latest commission




Here are pics of the latest commission.
It's a memorial. The client sent the fibers from her deceased dog, and I spun them and
wove the piece. I thoroughly enjoy weaving the wall hangings from natural fibers, and fibers from peoples loved pets. Some people choose to honor a living pet by using their fiber, and some memorialize beloved pets that have died by using their fiber.
It's a joy to get to know these special clients, and have them share their stories with me.
Hope you enjoy.
Cherri

2 comments:

ladyoftheloom said...

I really like that weaving!

A few years ago I hung some wall quilts using sticks from my yard. Some people did not approve...too weird they said. Too bad.

A

Maggie's Farm said...

What a wonderful way to remember a beloved friend. Thanks for posting your blog adddress on spin-list. I think your work is amazing! I am a frustrated weaver - the used Glimakra loom I bought is in pieces in the tractor shed!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites