Saturday, December 01, 2007

Some weaving items that need a home

I have a friend who has several looms that she is looking for a home for. They are NOT floor looms. She has a couple of standing inkle looms, a couple of frame looms, and some books. Here is how she describes these items and if you are interested, please contact me. The items are in Lynchburg, but can travel to Richmond near the Christmas holidays.
Cherri

"I have a LeClerc Cendral floor model Inkle loom which has been much loved and well used but I consider it in good condition. This has pegs enough to weave up to 150" on one warping. Heck, I even have it warped up for Thanksgiving thinking my grandkids would like to weave a pastel rainbow bookmark one last time. Silly me.

The other loom is a handmade Inkle loom which my aunt passed on to me years ago, in the 1970's. I think the designer made it in such a way that a handicapped person in a wheelchair could weave in his/her chair. My aunt was a Red Cross volunteer teaching handcrafts to disabled veterans at Walter Reed hospital during WWII. It is a floor model and the top fits into its stand. In my early weaving business days it went with me on vacations and to craft shows because it was so portable. On this one a piece up to about 60" long can be woven.

I have a large frame loom, size 22"x38", which I bought from the Hammett School Craft Supplies Company years ago. Called their Todd Perfection Loom, it was the first loom I used when teaching my 4th grade students. Each child got to weave several rows at a time, etc. It can weave placemat size pieces which can become a mat or handbag or wall hanging. Seated on the floor before it they could imagine they were a Southwestern Indian weaver. One can weave a piece up to 20"x30" on it. I have its instruction book also.

I have a 14" x 20" board loom made by the Belding Lily Company. They call it an All-Around Weaving Board. And I have their detailed and illustrated instructions it came with.

I have 6 good weaving books too.

2 copies of Helene Bress' INKLE WEAVING.
1 copy of CLOTHING FROM THE HANDS THAT WEAVE by Anita Mayer
1 copy of Rachel Brown's THE WEAVING, SPINNING, AND DYEING BOOK
1 copy of Nina Holland's INKLE LOOM WEAVING
1 copy of A WEAVER'S GARDEN by Rita Buchanan (on growing plants with which to weave)

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites