Thursday, September 06, 2007

The wait....... and the W. tallit

Ohhhhh, this is the most excruciating time. The tallit was delivered and signed for at 2:18 pm today, and I haven't yet heard anything. Hopefully, I will get an e-mail telling me that it is exactly as they envisioned it. Or better yet, that I have exceeded expectations.......

And I am half way through the W. tallit. It is supposed to go in the mail tomorrow. I haven't even had time to shoot pics on that one. It's a natural white colored base tallit, with burgundy, navy and eggplant stripes, with the zig zag pattern.

It's beautiful. The client asked for it to be a little shorter than some of the others, so I assume she is petite. As a result, I have woven the tallit in 2 differnt weights. The central 2/3 of the tallit are woven in a lighter than lace weight yarn, while the ends are woven in a true lace weight. . This way, it has the wonderful weight of a nice merino tallit, but also has that light drapey feel, even though it is a little shorter than some tallitot. It also means it won't bunch up as much at the neck when she pleats it, or when it scrunches up. Clients don't usually know about these little details, but they make all the difference in whether they are satisfied, or delighted.

I aim for delight!

Well, it's late, and I have to weave that tallit relatively early in the morning. I hope to shoot pics of it before I ship it, but don't know that time will allow it. Have a good night, and I'll let you know when I hear from the most recent tallit recipient.

Cherri

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites