Friday, January 23, 2009

Touchstone Center for Craft 2009 catalog of classes

I want to share with you about Touchstone Center for Craft, as I thoroughly enjoyed myself there last year. AFter many years of raising kids, and holding our breath to make ends meet, our kids are grown, and I can take myself to art camp! Last year, I taught at Touchstone, and intend to do so again this year. It was so much fun. They have a fantastic, yet fairly intimate facility. There is a Photography studio, a rather amazing blacksmithing facility, beautiful watercolor/painting studio along a little singing brook, a pottery studio along the same. Ther is a paper arts and stained glass(I think, it had a lot of torches) studio, and LOOMS galore! I will be teaching spinning, rigid heddle weaving, and weaving on the floor loom.
No matter what you take, you should take yourself off to art camp this summer. It was quite a gift to give myself last year. It was a beautiful drive from central Virginia to Farmington, PA, where Touchstone is. You might even enjoy the trip, as I did.
Here is a link to the catalog. http://www.touchstonecrafts.com/Graphics2000/catalog.pdf
gotta go. I've got a spinning commission to get finished, and a solo show to work on.
I've got to be ready for the show in JULY!!!Panic!!!!!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites